Saturday, December 31, 2005

Craft for the New Year


I have always wanted to learn how to knit. My mother taught herself. My aunts and cousins knitted but I never learned. My mother tried to teach me and but nothing ever come of the dreaded chain. I didn't have the patience to go any further. I hope I have learned patience and will learn much more since I am paying someone to teach me because today, I drove myself down to a place called Stitches & Scones. This business is no more than 5 minutes away from my house and I gave them my $45 to learn the basics. My first official lesson is on Thursday. I hope I get to knit a scarf! I have always wanted to knit a scarf! Here is wishing I have a nice new scarf to wear before the heat over takes the earth in my little piece of the world. Wish me luck!

No comments: