Friday, December 30, 2005

When I Grow Up


I just came to realize this morning (at almost 40 years old) what I want to be when I grow up. (It is about time don't you think??) Anyway, I want to be a Carmel Housewife. I am sure every state has what we call an area where there are "Carmel Housewives"...It is a woman who lives in luxury and is allowed to do whatever she pleases. She can sleep all day, while the maid cleans up the house. She can shop all day, while her husband earns the dough. She can go get a manicure, pedicure, hair done, massage or whatever she feels like whenever she wants to. (Wait, that last one does sound like me...) Anyway, after taking today off and having to take calls from work anyway, I decided my goal is to become a Carmel Housewife. I don't care that others will make fun of me for being one. I can handle the jokes and the criticism because I am a strong woman and I could turn the other cheek (while my facial was being completed). I just want to do what I want to do without having to answer to anyone except myself and of course "big daddy". (big daddy = GOD) I would even start becoming more of a leader in my community...I have it in me to do so. I just can't find the time to do it all. I know there are those who seem to find the time, (damn them) but it is difficult for me...(As I do have to have time for all those massages and facials...ha!)

The point is I have finally found a purpose and I am sure my high school guidance councilor would finally be happy that I have found something to aspire to be...So when I grow up, I want to be a Carmel Housewife. How about you?

1 comment:

cmhl said...

I think I want to be a carmel housewife, too!!!