Sunday, December 25, 2005

Happy Day Off With Pay

I used to get upset and depressed over any holiday (not just the blues like I had yesterday). One year something changed for me as one of my best friends said, "it is going to be a great day if only because we are off with pay!" That sentence was a turning point for me.

Instead of thinking how I was missing out with all the family "things", which the media tells us was so wonderful. I started using this as my way to cope. On Thanksgiving, it didn't matter if I didn't have anywhere to go. It didn't matter if I ate taco salad for my dinner. What made it a great day was because I was getting paid for it.

So, the morale to this is chose a different path and try to see things differently as it might change the outcome.

With this said, "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy Day Off With Pay!"

No comments: