Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What to do?

I have been thing about what to do with my friend Beth and her daughter who is coming in to see me. Even though we speak to each other a couple times a week, it has been YEARS since I have seen them. In fact, it may be close to 10 years!! I know, sitting and talking is always an option but it would be fun to physically do something too! I asked SIL if she had any suggestions. Here is the list I found on my bathroom sink this morning.

-Go fishing in neighborhood pond
-Go skateboarding
-Go to Old County Buffet and camp out for hours eating all you can eat
-Make corks pop off bottles by putting baking soda and vinegar in bottle right before capping
-Go to the grocery store and throw cans from one aisle over to the next aisle...sit back and wait for screams
-Hunt for meat for dinner tonight - in the wild, not the grocery store...be sure to wear your brothers hat with the fur ear flaps
-Got to each McDonald's in area and ask (beg) for a free hamburger...don't stop until your full
-Play on the jungle gym while at McDonald's
-Dress up like cowboys and Indians and play
-Go square dancing
-Dust every surface in our house
-Perform an outdoor concert on the steps of Monument Circle downtown Indy at lunch time
-Have a seance
-Visit cosmetic surgery center and ask for brochures on sex reassignment operations
-Go get pedicures (this is a very silly idea!)
-Make a giant rubber band ball

Thanks for the great suggestions!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about SHOP SHOP SHOP.

I like to go to the "Old Crunchy Buffet" and pretend I am martha Stewart. When she was in prison she would get food from the prison commisary and take it apart and put it back together as different food. You know, scoop the peanut butter out of reece's cup and put the PB on crackers and add the chocolate to nuts and raisons. Okay, martha came up with better ideas than those, but she did little gourmet prison food stuff.

I go to OCB and put steak and grilled onions on the soft taco shell and make a fajita. Or I take fruit from the salad bar and add it to ice cream as toppings. Or I add corn and pinto beans to salsa for corn relish. I get ham and put it on a roll with cheese for mini ham and cheese sandwiches. You can only eat there so often before you lose your mind.

No commeets on whether I have lost my mind, please. We can save those for our date on sat night.

When does Beth arrive and leave? I can give you my season passes to Conner Prairie. My kids and I love to go there.