Monday, May 19, 2008

Evening

Today was a BUSY BUSY day but a good one even though I had to work until almost 7 pm! We are being audited by one of the big insurance carriers tomorrow. It is a site visit so we all stayed late and made sure everything was in it's proper place. It isn't like our office is trashy or anything but it was a good to get things re-organized and put into its proper place.....at least a few hours. The reason why it was so busy was one of the girls who work at the front desk was sick. So I had to fill in and I haven't ever worked up in that position before so things were crazy. I had to do my job plus help answer phones and check people in and all that good stuff. I didn't even get a chance to have a cup of coffee so I was starving to death! (Coffee helps my hunger pains!)

I am getting more and more responsibility from the practice administrator. This is a VERY GOOD THING! Last week she had a meeting with each of us and she asked me what I wanted to do as far as jobs. I told her I wanted to be her right arm. She was pleased and said she needed another arm. Little by little I hope to take the lead position in the office. I have the experience and with each day, I think she realizes I am more than capable. Today she had a couple things assigned to me, which used to be the responsibility of my old boss. This only makes me happy to know she trusts me to do the job. Now if I could only make more money...that would be the icing on the cake. She seems far so hopefully that too will come in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am quite confident that you are slowly moving up the ladder (job wise) but not money wise YET. I think she is slowly giving you more to do to see how you can handle the job before officially giving you the title. Hope things get better in the next couple of weeks.
Love you as always,
Mom