Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a mad work world!

There are 2 people at work who make life for most miserable. These 2 people are from the "old" crowd and just need to go. Both of these people are not speaking to me and I am sure I do NOT know why....seriously. One is a nursing "assistant" and she isn't talking to any of us who work in the front. Sounds like a bad rumor to me. The other girl is someone I am responsible for and her actions are misguided. The practice administrator would love to see her gone as she has been trouble from the beginning. She has a huge chip on her shoulder and for some strange reason, believes I changed a policy or procedure regarding her job. The only reason I know this is because of this email she sent me:

I would appreciate it if I could be informed of changes that go on with the charts. The way things were initially done are now being changed with me having no knowledge of them, I know I’m not up in the front but I still would like to be informed on changes with the charts.

Thanks


My response...I didn't know what the heck she is taking about but wanted to address what should be happening and what wasn't happening with the charts:

Her Name:

I completely agree that you should be informed and included with any changes regarding charts preparation. I wasn’t aware any changes occurring so I apologize if there are any miscommunication.

My understanding and what I want to see happen is any patient who is new and added on the same day, the front is in charge of making the chart. The exception I see is if the patient is new for the following day and you are off or gone, (maybe we should consider a 2:30 cut off time??) front would then be responsible for making the chart. If the existing patient is an add on for the following day, we would request the chart.

I know there have been days when new patient charts were not made and you had to come in and make them without any notice. If someone in the front plans on making the chart the next morning, they need to communicate with you to let you know so that duplicates are not made. I don't think this has been happening so I will email everyone. If it continues to be an issue it will be addressed until it isn't an issue.

I had suggested that we email or call you if we add on a patient for the next day to give you a heads up. That was only a suggestion. Front is also supposed to notify you if the patient requires an authorization via phone/email so that it can be obtained either way. I hope this is still happening.

If any of the above has not been happening, then let's discuss what is happening so we all can work together efficiently.

I appreciate your help and work.

Signed my name

Yet 2 days later, she still doesn't speak or look at me. I didn't change a procedure. Nothing has changed. I suppose she is mad at something else and just won't talk to me about it. I don't know what I did or didn't do but I know it doesn't take much for her to go off into a tizzy. So since we don't care if she stays or goes, I am going to let her be a victum. Maybe she will transfer out of our department soon. Crossing fingers it is sooner than later. I wanted to try and smooth things over with her, thus the reason why I said I was sorry for miscommunication but I am done now and since I have the backing of the office administrator and know she is done too, then I am going to let her be mad and stay mad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I remember this person wasn't happy in the front either. You won't ever be able to please her so maybe someone can buy a VooDoo doll and stick it a few times.

Judy in Indiana said...

Some of your employees mistakenly believe thay are still 12 years old and can act like such.Perhaps they should make use of an employee assistance program so they can reconcile their responsibilities in the adult world to their immature brains.