Thursday, October 25, 2007

Feeling Kaput!

Today at work I came in and the computer wouldn't work. Well, the computer worked but I couldn't get online to get the techs schedules. So I called AT&T, our Internet provider, and was told the Internet would be back up at 7:45 a.m. It was after 8 when I called...I knew I was in trouble. About 20 minutes passed and it was determined by the gal in India the problem was on their end and not out end. She stated to continue checking. An hour passed and I called again. Spoke to another guy who made me run all the darn tests I did with the first girl even though I told him she had said it was AT&T issue. Finally about 30 minutes later, he said the issue wasn't on our end. He said the issue should be resolved at 11:45 a.m. So I called at noon because it wasn't up. I had to go through the entire situation all over again with a new guy. After 30 minutes he said the computer should be up at 1:45 and I could call back after that time if I had an issue. Well, I called again at 2 p.m. Same as before. I was told the computer should be up around 2:15 and I was like, it is after 2:15 now...oh well...okay...studder...was what I heard. Then he did some more research and I was told the situation with AT&T was repaired and I should be able to get on. Guess what?....no go with that. It was almost 3 p.m. and I told the guy, "I am done with this. I have less than an hour here and I am tired of dealing with this." I figure if it doesn't work tomorrow, then the owner can mess with it. He likes to mess with the computers but I am hoping the issue resolves itself overnight and all is a go tomorrow. So I cleaned the office...one of the techs helped me. Also, my mom brought me my lunch so it was a pretty good work day considering it all.

I took a couple things to "I Sold It On Ebay" tonight after work. I found out some very bad news. They will only take things, which has sold for more than $30.00. I had 2 ink cartridges (bought new for over $100 each) and since the average sold cost was under $30, they wouldn't take my goods. This disappoints me as I wanted to sell some craft supplies through them. I guess I will either have to do the ebay selling myself or give the goods to charity. I was so hoping to recover some money through selling items on ebay since I am now being paid at the poverty level...

One day at a time........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you check out the Buy Sell Trade forum on SCS? Things might seel there. You can alwayss earch and see what people are looking for to buy and what the prices are for your items.