Monday, September 10, 2007

Job Offer

I was offered an office manager job today at an overhead door company on the NE side of Indy. I took that job. The pay isn't great but I figure it is a good place to settle for now. The job is salary plus commission. It is my goal to get more business in so that I can make lots more money. The owner is really cool. He wears shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops to work. I believe I will have a cell phone provided too. I won't get a company car though...haha!! The service guys gets a truck. I asked if I could have a truck and was shot down. I laughed...I told him I was to prissy to be driving a truck anyway...he laughed. There are 3 service guys and then the owner. The owner asked me how I would deal if one of the guys were in a bad mood. I told him if they weren't nice to me than they wouldn't get homemade cookies. That was the deal breaker! Ding! Ding! You are personable so you get the job! (just kidding!) So not to bad at all. Basically after I decided I wanted to work I got a job less than 10 days. I really didn't want to start right away...I wanted to take the rest of the week off but I start TOMORROW! Of course I will have to take time off for the closing of my house...that is supposed to be on Thursday. Things are realy moving forward for me now!

No comments: