Thursday, March 01, 2007

That twitch is my head

I am really trying to change my attitude for the positive right now. I am really feeling a little bit stressed. We just found out yesterday that a motor line was being offered in this territory. We jumped at the chance only to find out this week, they offered the line to someone other than us. On top of this, I can’t seem to win or influence customers to use any of our lines. They would if we were price competitive but in most cases, no where close.

I also am very frustrated because an inquiry came in approximately 2 weeks ago. Boss 2 wanted to handle it all. It was something I could have done but even though I didn’t want to,I gave it to him. I emailed him last Friday where the quote was so I could follow up. Well, there wasn’t a quote ever done. I realize he is overwhelmed and overstressed but by goodness give me the darn work! He stated today he wanted to do it because he needs to learn the product line. I get it. I get it. What I don’t get is why couldn’t I crossed and do the work and then give the inquiry back to him so he could get a grasp on what it was, which needed to be done. I am drowning in debt here! I need these sales and I am more than willing to do what I can…I wanted to B*itch slap him. Of course, I held my tongue and my back hand swing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have said to Boss 2 when you realized he didn't have the quote done " I am having some financial concerns of which you may be aware. I need to get that quote out so new work can come in. There will be other times when you are not so overwhelmed when you can learn the paperwork. Would you like to hand it over now or should I bitch slap you first?"