Friday, January 02, 2009

Giving Thanks

It is a new year and with this, and prior to this I started looking for a devotional/journal of sorts to write down a few of my thoughts, note people I want to pray for, be uplifted with a saying and of course, give thanks daily. I have been looking for about a week or 2 for the perfect journal. I found several, which could have severed my purposes but something wasn't right with them all. I wanted to be able to read a positive reading every day and then each night, write a few sentences about my day then write my thanks. Something short and sweet...but it seem this type of journal is NOT out there...(maybe I should publish one...) Anyway my last ray of hope was at the Family Christian bookstore in Carmel. The other Christian bookstores didn't carry what I wanted but I kept hope and went there after work. They did have lots to choose from too but not exactly what I wanted. Of course, I wanted this book to fit into my pocketbook too...not exactly easy to find too! I was so pleased!!! On the last stand I looked at was the pocket sized book I wanted!! The only thing this purple little journal doesn't have is my inspirational quote/uplifting words...but I remembered when standing there, I have so MANY of those books. Couldn't I just read one of those to get my inspiration and use my perfect purple journal for everything else...all for the clearanced price of $2.50. Perfect! When I showed my friend Amanda (Who also has been on the hunt for me...) she was so excited about what I was going to do with it, she bought one for herself too! We both walked out of that store feeling pretty good about our purchase and the amount it cost us both!

3 comments:

crazed lunatic said...

yay on finding something you want! :)

i have such good hopes in doing things like that... i am a hoarder of books like that. and i write for two days and give up. am surprised I've blogged for as long as I have. ;)

let me know if you want to get together and do a wild-woman dance at a bar in the near future...would love to do a GNO soon! i want to meet this Amanda. She sounds like a great friend to you.

Anonymous said...

happy that you found the perfect journal!
I was searching "daily inspiration" in google and there are lots of neat sites. Maybe one of those would work =)

BethZ said...

I have an idea, it helps adult learners to rewrite things, as in taking notes.... our memory is shot at this point you know :).... so when you find a great quote you REALLY love for inspiration, write that too. The thought & the sentiment will stick with you longer.