Friday, April 29, 2005

Namesake


"Namesake" Museum Display Piece Posted by Hello

When my grandma’s health was failing my mother took her into her home and cared for her. One day a week, my niece (my grandma’s great-grandchild) would come for the day for a visit. One afternoon after a book was read a kiss was shared and my mother was there with her camera.

When my grandma died shortly after, the funeral home needed pictures to display. Normally only one picture is blown up and framed. On their own the funeral home displayed two pictures with one being the kiss between my grandma and my niece. The picture created quite a stir within the heart. For me it was looking at two of my favorite and most important people in my life.

My mother’s cousin, Ellen Sue, saw the picture and was instantly drawn to it. She asked if she could have a copy and my mother emailed one to her. Little did we all know that the picture would turn into a piece of art, which will be around forever.

Ellen painted the picture on porcelain. She has told us it was the fastest thing she had ever painted in her life and the outcome is breathtaking.

The porcelain portrait named “Namesake” will be on display in the Oklahoma Museum for one year.

1 comment:

crazed lunatic said...

it's beautiful! :)