Sunday, November 09, 2008

Microderm on Saturday

I bit the bullet and called on my old spa to give me microderm abrasion for my face. I haven't had this treatment for over a year and a half and my skin was sick looking! So, I called my old spa and scheduled my appointment. I wasn't sure how it would go because the lady can be a crazy person. It turned out okay...not great but okay. The biggest problem is that she used to have an employee who is now one of my employees, and this person left on bad terms with her and this person is one of my best employees!! I got an ear full. It was not fun or relaxing, well microderm abrasion is never fun...but the entire time she yapped in my ear. I know both parties were hurt and I know the employee wants to make it right but I don't know if she will ever be able too. The Korean lady refuses to take any responsibility and she too has things to apologize for. You can't say someone if full of the devil when it simply is not so and think you have nothing to say sorry about. So, I left with a much smoother looking face, an ear full of pity for the situation on both ends and less money in my pocket. I did save for the microderm abrasion but it does hurt even when she gave me a 50% discount. (AND she made me take for free sunblock for the face...it cost retail $28 bucks! There was just no way of saying NO to her!!) If microderm didn't help my face, I certainly would NEVER do it but when I get this done it makes my face not only feel better but look better. I guess I will just bite the bullet each month and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the rest of my life to be able to afford it. It takes about 3 months in a row to get your face in shape and then about every 3 months to go back for maintenance. The other issue is the Korean lady wants to do my hair. She loves to cut and color. As good as her microderm treatments are, her hair and color skills are not where I feel comfortable for them to be. She was like, "Next time you come in, we do hair." I did a little scream inside.

No comments: